Dairy Free Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
· 3 pounds organic yukon gold potatoes
· 1 can whole fat coconut milk
· 1/2 cup ghee
· 2 teaspoons sea salt
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon paprika
1. Wash and cut potatoes into fourths. Place in a large pot and cover with cold water. Turn the heat to medium high and stir occasionally until the water boils. This should take 8-10 minutes.
2. Cover, turn heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes, until a fork can easily go through a potato.
3. Turn off heat, drain potatoes and add them back to the hot pot. Add in coconut milk, ghee, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika. Mash with a potato masher or hand mixer until smooth.
4. Add additional sea salt and black pepper to taste.
*Can be made ahead and reheated - scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet and flash freeze, then remove into freezer safe container or plastic bag for storage and reheat individual portions.
*To make in the Instant Pot-place potatoes in the bottom, cover with 1 cup water, cook on high for 14 minutes. Hit the "cancel" button, release the pressure and drain.