Blackberry Cucumber Water
Recipe Type: Beverage
Author: Theresa Diulus
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 1 serving
There is a certain sparkling water drink with a line of fun specialty flavors that our family enjoys. After taking an "Environmental Health" class in my MPH program, I was challenged to adopt a "reduce, reuse, recycle" nature and not purchase many cans and bottles so I wanted to recreate one of our favorite flavors. An added bonus is you can reuse the fruit and vegetables and add them to a smoothie or juice the next day.
- 3 -5 organic blackberries (depends on how big they are)
- 6 thin slices organic english cucumber
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 12 ounces water, filtered or mineral
- Place blackberries in bottom of drinking glass or reusable bottle.
- Using a spoon, and being very careful because blackberry juice can stain!, press down on the blackberries at the bottom of the glass/bottle to release the juices. (This is a makeshift muddling process.)
- Once blackberries have been juiced, remove to a small container to use soon or freeze for use in a smoothie or juice (Reduce, reuse, recycle!)
- Add sliced cucumbers, ice cubes and water to glass/bottle.
- Stir and enjoy︎