Theresa Diulus has her MPH with a concentration in Nutrition and a B.A. in Behavioral Science. She is also a Nutritional Therapy Consultant. In addition she has the following certifications: FDN-P, Eating Psychology Coach, Nutritious Life Certified, Holistic Nutrition Lab Full Body Systems Graduate, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified, Culinary Nutrition Expert, and Health Coach (IIN). Her healing journey began with a diagnosis of Hashimoto’s Hypothyroiditis at the age of 28. It continued with a diagnosis of thyroid cancer at 40 and then at 44 being put on observation for Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. The latter diagnosis accelerated her interest in obtaining further training in Nutrition. Theresa strongly believes that the choices we make surrounding food make a difference as to whether they heal or harm us.
Areas of Expertise: Bio-individual Health and Nutrition, Food Planning and Preparation
Services: Nutritional Therapy, Menu and Recipe Guidance, Nutrition/Health Writing
10 Fun Facts About Me:
- Graduated from high school when I was 16.
- Had to evacuate from a war torn country with nothing but a backpack of my personal belongings . . . when I was 11!
- One of our children was born with 12 fingers (a familial condition of polydactyly that runs on my husband’s side that I had thankfully heard about before the doctor informed me . . .and his birthweight being almost 11 pounds probably was a bigger concern to me to be honest!)
- First job the day after I graduated from college was stuffing envelopes at a mortuary. Given the location, it could have been worse!
- The only way I like kale is in The Blender Girl’s “Taste’s Like Ice Cream Kale Smoothie“. (Click to see the recipe on a great family friendly site, Weelicious, containing a book review of Tess Masters’ book, “The Blender Girl” containing the recipe. The book is filled with amazing recipes too!)
- Switched my major 3 times in college – resulted in having to take 3 Statistics classes in 3 different disciplines. I disliked them all 😉
- Over 30 years later, the one class I failed in my MPH program and had to retake was Biostatistics. . . clearly I was meant to write this post. 🙂
- I’ve been baptized in the Jordan River.
- I’ve been collecting recipes and cookbooks since I was quite young. To me it’s a way of collecting history and remembering people and places.
- My favorite memories as a kid were Sundays spent at my maternal grandparents – church, supper (what we call lunch these days), playing with cousins outside, then dinner made with leftovers from the big supper spread then the last outside fun catching fireflies before night’s end. The best!!!!