Twenty-five years ago today my husband and I each said “I do” to each other in front of our families and friends. Twenty-five years later we have experienced a lifetime of love together. We’ve been beyond blessed by our four unique and amazing children.
Laughter and food have been two bonding characteristics of our relationship from our very first date. While that meal was at a restaurant, the first meal I cooked for him was homemade meatballs. I thought I would share that recipe today in honor of our anniversary Who needs silver for an anniversary anyway? Well, other than to eat with that is 😉 It’s based on a family recipe as you’ll read in the notes and, as with all of my favorite recipes, has a memory attached that gives it just a certain flavor that makes it taste just right.♥︎ Along with meatballs, sauce is always a good thing.☺︎I will post a recipe for my favorite next week!
If you’re looking for a dessert recipe, I suggest these Key Lime Tartlets from our daughter, Macy’s blog. Why? Well, simply in the theme of our anniversary because we went to Key West for our Honeymoon and had Key Lime Pie at a lot of places (the best at a restaurant called Mangrove Mama’s). The filling is the best!
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup milk (non-dairy is fine too)
- 2 ½ lbs. grass-fed ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (for gluten-free, I prefer to use a favorite gluten-free bread made into crumbs or Rice Chex put into the blender or food processor)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a blender (or food processor), place celery, onion, garlic and milk and eggs.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add contents to a large bowl along with meat, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients to create a uniform mixture.
- Form meatballs onto a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop (or use hands to roll into balls - I like how quickly and uniformly the scoop works).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven to cool. Use in pasta, sauce, soups, sandwiches, etc.